One of my favorite makeup products *ever* is lipstick. It has the ability to complete or brighten up any look. Lipgloss, in my opinion, is heavy feeling, sticky and just a tad too sheer for my liking unfortunately. There are some truly amazing lipgloss formulas out there, but those are the few exceptions. Besides, the hair in lipgloss look is never attractive under any circumstances. I currently have 9 lipsticks that stand out to me among my modest sized lipstick collection, but I'm sure I'll be picking up a few more sometime soon. Cream finishes are my favorite finishes, frosts and shimmer are just not very flattering, but that's my preference. Non-drying formulas are a must. First up are my MAC lipstick favorites, each retail for $14.50.
- MAC Creme D'Nude is a beige nude with the slightest peach tone to it. Darker skintones may have some trouble wearing this as it may make them look zombie-fied. It is a cremesheen finish which happens to be one of my favorite finishes from MAC.
- MAC Hue is slighty yellow toned pink. Definitely a "my lips but better" lipstick. It is a glaze finish but a bit more pigmented than your average glaze.
- MAC Peachstock is a tan peachy nude. A great summer shade for when your tanner than usual. I have this in the limited edition Liberty of London packaging, which is, hands-down, my favorite MAC collection to date. It is available at MAC Pro stores but is permanent in Asia I believe. It is a satin finish so it can be drying at times but a bit of balm solves that situation.
- MAC Ever Hip is a pinky coral. Unfortunately this is a limited edition color that was repromoted and sold out almost immediately. Very flattering on almost all skintones and not too shockingly bright either. Another cremesheen finish.
- MAC Morange is a straight up bright orange. I am in *no way* brave enough to wear this on its own but it is great to mix with another lipstick to add an orange touch to it. It is an amplified finish, so it is very creamy and very pigmented.
These are my drugstore lipstick favorites, none are over $9.
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Nude is a peachy soft nude. Aptly named isn't it? Compared to Creme D'Nude it is more peachy and wearable.
- Wet N'Wild 519A is a cool toned strawberry red. A bit annoying that it is numbered and not named. It has also broken at its base but I'm willing to be forgiving as it is only $1.
- Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Pink Me Up is a mauvey-pink. Just a fair warning, some of these lipsticks go bad so make sure to check them out before purchasing.
- Milani HD Advanced Lip Color in Ignition is the perfect mix between coral and red. Probably my favorite lipstick in my whole collection. Worn this for weeks, maybe even months at a time.