You know those products that you buy cause you think they'll be life changing and completely amazing. Well this post is dedicated to those products that are not.
1. NYC Bronzing Face Powder is bargainus at $3 but it lacks any pigmentation to achieve any sort of bronzed look. Many people adore this bronzer but I had to keep swirling my brush inside the product and applying it to my face, expecting some sort of result.
2. MAC Bronzing Powder in Golden is another bronzer that lacks pigmentation. For the price that it is you would expect some sort of result as well, it did give me one, but not the result I was expecting. It left a ton of golden glitter on my face, that's right GLITTER, not shimmer but glitter. I got swooped up in the limited edition packaging craze and ordered this online, I guess I kind of deserve it.
3. MAC Feline Kohl Power is supposed to be the best black eyeliner that MAC has to offer. Yes, it is creamy and yes, it is extremely black. It just doesn't stay put no matter what you do. Within an hour or two I have proper panda eyes. Sorry but I just don't see the hype.
4 & 5. L'oreal The One Sweep Sculpting Blush Duo in Nectar (4) and Poppy (5) is another product that lacks any pigmentation. AT ALL. Poppy sort of shows up on your finger (after rubbing your finger on it like a maniac) but is extremely chalky and nectar is just nothing. Why do companies bring out such fail products?!
6. Revlon Colorstay is a much loved product in the beauty community. I will admit there was a time where I loved this as well but not so much anymore. While it is a decent foundation, it isn't the best foundation. Shade range could be better, gets cakey easily, dries way too quickly and the smell is horrific.
7. Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eye Shadow in Berry Bloom was bought in that stage when I first started collecting makeup. That stage where you have to buy everything you see, just cause you "have to." They're pretty nice eye shadows with decent pigmentation, but purple is just *not* my color. The claim that it lasts 12 hours is just ridiculous as well.
8. Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Pink Please is such a beautiful color. Unfortunately when purchasing it, I didn't realize that it had gone bad and smells horrible, like burnt plastic. As I've mentioned in another post, please check these lipsticks before purchasing, other than that I adore this range of lipsticks.
Some of these products are about 3-4 years old and some are more recent. I have a whole box of makeup I don't use/don't like so expect more regret posts in the future, mainly drugstore products, nothing too fancy. Until next time, good bye everyone!