Monday, April 9, 2012

Review: Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation


I've been using this foundation for about 2 months now and I thought I would share my thoughts on it.  It retails for $30.00 and comes with 40ml of product, which is 10ml more than your average foundation. The shade I use is NC20. My skin is combination-dry with just my nose and chin getting a bit oily throughout the day while the rest of my face is dry. I have acne-prone skin but I have not experienced any breakouts with this foundation. Just make sure you remove your makeup entirely every night.

The texture of the foundation is different from a liquid foundation. It's more of a whipped consistency then a liquid consistency. Coverage wise it is a medium-full coverage foundation depending on how you apply it and how much you apply. I apply it with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (that I have reviewed here) before that I applied it with my fingers and that worked great as well.





 No makeup                                                                                      With Foundation 

As you can see you can see here by my two police station mugshots (kidding! but I do look horrible) the foundation has covered up my blemishes and my uneven skin tone quite well.  I squeeze about the equivalent of 1 and a half pumps to cover my entire face. The finish of the foundation is dewy but a healthy dewy that isn't greasy or oily looking. The foundation still looks good after an entire school day and after school as well, but can use a touch up by then. I will admittedly say that it doesn't quite have the lasting power as Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation but let's be honest I don't think any foundation lasts quite as long as that. I really love this foundation, it hides my imperfections and makes my skin look great and healthy.


Hope this has been somewhat helpful to someone. If you have any questions please ask them in the comments and I'll make sure to answer them as best as I can. Now I'm off to put on the rest of my makeup that I so desperately need. I pinky promise I don't always look this bad. Until next time, goodbye everyone!













No comments:

Post a Comment