Saturday, April 28, 2012

Favorites: Cream Eyeshadow



As you guys may or may not already know I'm a huge fan of cream eyeshadow. They're great for a quick wash of color on the lid or applying on the go since you don't need a brush to apply them. You can also use a darker color for the outer corners as well or as a base for your eyeshadow. What I look for in a cream eyeshadow is one that is creamy and easy to apply without too much tugging on the lids, pigmented, so it doesn't require too much layering and long-lasting without creasing. I also have fairly oily lids.



First up are the Essence Stay All Day Long Lasting Eyeshadow. I've been using these for the past 2 weeks now and I find the formula to be pretty similar to the Maybelline Color Tattoos. They're creamy and pigmented and last about 8-9 hours on me, without primer, before it starts to look a bit creased and faded. It usually isn't a problem since I carry my cream eyeshadow with me. The best thing about these is the price, they're only 3 dollars for 5.5g of product. These are available at Ulta in the U.S., now I only wish they carried the whole range of colors since they're all beautfiul.



The Maybelline Color Tattoos ($6-7 for 4g of product) have been raved about ever since they've come out to drugstores. Like the Essence cream eyeshadows, they're also creamy and pigmented, lasts 8-9 hours on me, without any primer. I find Bad to the Bronze is similar to Essence Coppy Right in color, Coppy Right is slightly lighter and warmer though. I think Maybelline should come out with more wearable colors as I'm not a very big fan of brights.



My first ever cream eyeshadaw is the MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study that I got 4 and a half years ago and is still creamy. These are the most expensive of the bunch at $17.50 for 5g of product, but they're worth every penny. Of the three, MAC's Paint Pots have the widest range of colors. These are also creamy and pigmented and last about 7-8 hours on me, without primer.

With a good eyeshadow primer I'm sure all of these will last even longer than they already do. I'd also like to add that I've also tried the NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils, which are okay I find that they do crease on me so I have to use a primer and set with shadow and I just don't always have time to do that in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment